At Antalex Inc. our socially responsible business practices and locally supported causes are good for business, good for the environment and good for the communities we live and work in.
Good for the Environment:
- We source recycled content. Steel is anywhere from 27% – 72% recycled content, the exact amount dependent on vendor, type of steel and specific components. Hardboard backs are made from 100% recycled wood fibre content, making it SFI certified.
- We manufacture with minimal waste. In one year we purchase approximately 450,000 lbs of sheet steel and product only 9% of waste scrap, with all of it diverted to recycling.
- We reduce hazardous waste production. We use powder-coating technology on our steel paint lines, eliminating emissions and hazardous waste water created in standard painting. On our wood producst, we use low VOC water based paint.
- We reduce our carbon footprint. Using recyclable corner boards and steel strapping versus cartoning and consolidating orders means more product on the same truck.
- We recycle and reuse. We reuse pallets and packaging from our suppliers and wood cut offs from manufacturing as packing material to protect new fixtures during shipping. We recycle everything from the usual paper and plastic along with corrugated cardboard, light bulbs and outdated computers.
Good for Business:
- We have Environmental Stewards. Each of our offices employs an environmental coordinator to ensure compliance, reporting and employee training is always up to date.
- We conduct Environmental and Health and Safety Audits. We conduct an audit on all chemicals used in every one of our facilities – manufacturing, distribution, offices. In the past 3 years, we have substituted less hazardous materials in our production processes, building maintenance, tool and die and lawn care.
- We practice what we preach. In a series of recent remodels we designed all our office locations to be open concept, to capitalize on natural light and to reflect energy efficient lighting off the ceiling. At our head office we took it to the roof and invested in purchasing and installing almost 300 solar panels covering a total of just over 21,500 square feet. Since installation, we have generated 1.5x more energy than we consume at that one location.
Good for the Community:
|Our shared values on sustainability lead us to partner with Earth Rangers, providing financial and program support. We share their vision in getting everyone to acknowledge and choose daily actions that protect the biodiversity of our planet and keep it thriving.||A chance encounter between Luisa and the team at Ernestine’s has lead to a long term relationship, growing from the first food drive to clothing swaps, hosting seasonal activity craft days for the children at the shelter and financial support for programs like ‘Skills Exchange’. We support Ernestine’s in their mission to educate women and children on their rights, provide them the resources and support they need to recover and build a new life.|